LCB’s proposal will generate significant benefits for the immediate neighborhood and Medfield at large, including:
- The Town’s first and only assisted living option for seniors (who currently must leave town for such services).
- The creation of ~75 full and part-time jobs at all skill levels.
- $~1.8 m in annual payroll.
- A tax-positive use that will put very little burden on Town services.
- The purchase of ~$1.3 m annually in goods and services.
- $10,000 commitment to the Medfield Food Cupboard to provide needed foodstuffs.
- The creation of internship and job opportunities for Medfield students and others.
- The preservation of the Clark Tavern as it’s current, low-impact residential use.
- Preservation of the streetscape.
- Elimination of 43-space parking lot and lighting directly next to the Peak House.
- Assisted Living and Residential Use of Tavern will generate 48% less traffic than the originally approved Tavern project alone.